The UK skilled worker visa is the type of visa that is given to the person that has been offered a valid job by an organization in the UK that is ready to sponsor them. Along with the valid job offer, the visa authorities require a person to meet a specific salary threshold. All the details regarding the salary threshold are discussed in the blog below.
Is salary important to get a skilled workers visa?
The salary that is taken into consideration for a skilled worker visa is the gross basic salary of the person. It is the salary out of which you still have to deduct employee pension, income tax, and National insurance contributions. Following are the examples of the salaries that are not considered valid for a skilled worker’s visa.
- Payments that are received by working overtime, whether they are mentioned in the contract or not.
- Expenses of the business that also include the hotel expenses
- Insurance that covers health benefits
- Pension of employer and National insurance contributions of an employer
- Tuition fees
- The on-off salary also includes the cost of relocation that is not part of the gross salary package.
- Immigration costs related payments
- Any other payment that is guaranteed to be received that also includes incentive pay and bonuses
The Salary Requirement: UK Skilled Worker
The minimum salary required to get the UK skilled worker visa is £25,600 or 100% of the market rate defined by the authorities for the services that you will be provided unless there is an exception in your case.
Salary Requirements For UK Skilled Workers Visa In Case Of New Entrants
In the case of new entrants, the minimum salary requirement is £20,4800 per annum or at least 70% of the market rate for the services that you will be providing. Any immigrant who falls under any of the categories mentioned below will be considered as a new entrant.
The conditions are:
- The applicant is studying to get the qualification required for a regulated profession in the UK.
- The person applying is completing the process to get complete registration or chartered status provided by the concerned authorities for the occupation he is being sponsored.
- The recent permission to the applicant to stay in the UK was not on a visitor visa basis. It must be based on the Graduate route and the permission is either still valid or its expiry date is less than 2 years before the date on which the application was submitted.
- The previously granted student visa for the applicant to study for a UK bachelor’s degree valid in the UK, a master’s degree valid in the UK, a UK PhD or any doctorate level education a Postgraduate Certificate in Education, or a Professional Graduate Diploma of Education;
Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT)
The valid salary for an Intra-company transfer application can be the sum of the gross basic pay and any guaranteed allowances that you applicant might earn during the employment period in the UK. You may get immigration attorney services if you have any queries regarding which salary you need to mention on your application for a skilled workers visa.
The Salary Requirement: Intra-Company Transfer
The minimum required for acceptance of a visa under the Intra-Company-Transfer category is £41,500 so the applicant is required to prove that he will earn either £41,500 or 100% of the market rate fixed by the given authorities for the occupation you have joined unless there are any exceptions in your case.
ILR application as a Skilled Worker
Remember, according to UK visa laws, the minimum salary required to get the UK skilled person visa is £25,600 or 100% of the market rate defined by the authorities for the services that you will be provided unless there is an exception in your case so you may have to submit proof that you will be getting the required salary. If you have the right marketable skill set, finding a good job that meets the minimum criteria should definitely not be a problem. You can search on platforms such as LinkedIn and Glassdoor to find the right fit.
You must seek help from any skilled work visa immigration lawyers to get the guidance that might be required to you to get positive results on your application. In case you are staying in the UK on the Intra-Company Transfer Visa, you may to allowed to permanently settle after some time but if you meet the criteria of Long Residence in the UK.